My research focuses on the Islamic revival through publications by Muslim religious groups in South Asia. In recent years, I have also been interested in civic education, the language situation in urban area, and translation studies of Urdu.
2008 B.A. in Foreign Studies, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
2010 M.A. in Area Studies, Graduate School of Asian and African Area Studies, Kyoto University
2013 Ph.D. in Area Studies, Graduate School of Asian and African Area Studies, Kyoto University
- 2010-2013 DC Research Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Kyoto University
- 2013-2016 PD Research Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Osaka University
- 2014 Visiting Researcher, Markfield Institute of Higher Education, UK
- 2018-2021 RPD Research Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
- 2021–Present Project Research Fellow, Uehiro Project for the Asian Research Library
Books & Articles
- “The Formation and Transfiguration of Contemporary Pakistan: Islamic Revival and Urdu Culture.” Nakanishiya Shuppan, Kyoto, December 2014. (in Japanese)
- “The Process of Development of the Early Economical Thought of Saiyid A. A. Maududi: The Origin and the Evolution of His Publications,” in J. A. Khursheed and K. Amin eds, History, Literature and Scholarly Perspectives South and West Asian Context. Islamic Research Academy, Karachi, pp. 147-154, July 2016.
- “Learn in Urdu, Write in the Vernaculars: Translating Process of Commentary of Holy Quran in South Asia,” Tehseel 1(1), Islamic Research Academy, Karachi, pp.109-118, July-December 2017.